Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Nay Nay!!

Today my little Nathan turned 2! I can't believe it. His party isn't until later. I wanted to give myself extra time to plan his party after Addie was born. At the last minute I decided to bake him a cake. Well, originally I had planned to do it, and then I changed my mind, and then I changed my mind again. So today I went ahead and baked a homemade birthday cake! It wasn't nearly as involved as the German Chocolate Cake I talked about in my earlier blogs. This cake was level, unlike the GCC. However, it was a little dry. I had to bake it longer than it called for because I put the batter in a 8" pan instead of a 9" pan so it was much thicker. Oops! Anyway, despite the slight dryness, it was pretty tasty. It had the potential to be super delicious... Oh well. The icing is the best part, it's a fudge icing and really delicious. Nathan seemed to really enjoy it. He kept asking for birthday cake all through dinner. He's so big now! He talks so much and everyday is something new. He's such a caring and loving big brother too! Here are some pictures of him enjoying his cake!!

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, that last- minute cake sure does look good!! Finger-lickin good actually!!
    I just found your blog and I found David's as well. Soooo sweet and it will be a great way for your friends (like me) to keep up with your family's growth.  Love y'all, Tammy T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So glad you found our blogs! David just started his last night.

      Delete