Monday, January 16, 2012

The transition begins....

Addison is almost 2 months old. I can't believe it, time flies!  Anyway, I have slowly started the transition from co-sleeping to the crib.
Step one: laying her in the crib during the day to get used to the surroundings. She only lasts a few minutes at a time but its a start. The other day she actually took a short nap in her crib.
 Step two: getting her to sleep in the nap nanny on my bed during the night. Typically she would sleep snuggled next to me. I'm happy to say that she loves her nap nanny so that transition was easy!
Step three: I was going to start this step last night but I decided to wait to the weekend. This step involves her sleeping in her crib in the nap nanny. Some people may frown upon this but she is strapped in and I sleep in the room with her on a air mattress checking periodically to make sure she is okay.
Then finally step four: taking away the nap nanny and placing her directly in the crib and me sleeping in my room. I know sleeping on an air mattress in her room may sound ridiculous but if I don't then I will be up all night walking back and forth across the house to her room to check on her because I'm paranoid. So the air mattress is just easier for me. I'm hoping step 3 doesn't last too long.  She is already sleeping during the night waking only every 4.5-5 hours to nurse and then goes right back to sleep. She's such a good sleeper unlike her brother at this age!  I'll post an update later on how this weekend goes!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! She is such a cutie. I am thinking about switching Isla to cosleeping during naps - anything to make them less traumatic for her!

    ReplyDelete