Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Update

Last week I had set two goals for myself for the weekend. One was to start Addison's transition to her room and crib. The other was to make a GCC for my FIL.

Addison's transition is still a work in progress.  Friday night was ridiculous. The child seemed to hate being in her room even though I was right there with her. She wouldn't stay in her nap nanny like she had previously been doing and she fought sleeping even though I was laying right next to her. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.

Saturday night was not much better. She did stay in her nap nanny for a few hours this time but when she woke in the middle of the night she wouldn't go back in it, so of course she slept next to me.

Sunday night was a nightmare. She was colicky so that made for a bad night. She finally fell asleep close to midnight and sleep for several hours in her nap nanny on the floor next to the air mattress. So I guess there was some progress.

Monday night was great. However, she did receive her immunizations that day so she was sleepy. She did sleep in her crib in the nap nanny all night! Waking only one time for a feed around 3:30 (her usual feed time during the night).

To sum it up, I still have a lot of work ahead of me. But hopefully soon she will be sleeping in her bed with no problem.




Okay now to talk about the German Chocolate Cake! I used a recipe I found on the internet http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2005/09/german-chocolat-1/ . It doesn't look like the picture I originally posted because it was a different recipe. The process took almost 5 hours! I didn't realize how many steps were involved with a GCC.  There is the cake, the syrup, custard filling, then toasting the coconut and pecans, then the icing! Finally after all that I was able to put it together. It was a little lop-sided because I didn't level off the layers like I should have ( there were 4 layers).  I was happy with the end product, after all it was my first attempt at a home-made cake. Of course I took good angles when taking the picture so you can't tell how VERY lop-sided it actually was! 






2 comments: