Friday, January 20, 2012

Why? Why?....Why? Why?....

Disclaimer: I rambled a lot in this blog.

I can't believe how big my little Nathan is getting! He's not a baby anymore! He's growing so fast. He just turned 23 months and already he has started with the incessant why's. Why this and why that. As probably ever parent knows giving an answer to the why does not put and end to the question but then starts a chain reaction of why. It's so cute but it does get tiresome.
Another topic I wanted to blog about is "Nathan language". He can say so many words. Everyday is a new word and now short sentences. But he has also created he own language. We try not to " baby talk" to Nathan. A cup is a cup a blanket is a blanket, etc. But some how he has managed to make up words out of thin air. Some are similar to the actual word but others are completely different. Here is an example of some of the "funny" words he says:
Blanket=Guk
Cup= bup
Football= flala
Nana= lello
Banana= lello
Pacifier= Dup
Grandma= Gee
Airplane= aero
Water= Bubbles
Balloon=buff

That's all I can think of now......
Random things are called "pow"
Since he was 9 months he would say this or that about everything but he hasn't said "that" in awhile. He does still say "this" all the time. I guess "pow" took the place of "that".

By the time he was 15 months I remember counting about 40-45 words he could say where I could understand him. I wish I would have written down everything he was saying and when but I didn't... Oh well. I did record all of his first such as when he rolled over, smiled, etc. I'm trying to recall everything I can since I wasn't blogging during his first year.
Addison will have a better record of her first words because I plan on blogging about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment